Laps Swimmer Information
Women Swimmin' Laps for Hospicare was added to the event in 2015 as a new opportunity for women to swim any distance, in any pool with a certified lifeguard to fundraise for Hospicare. Laps Swimmers can swim anytime between March 15 and Lake Swim Day, August 12. All Laps swimmers must be women over the age of 18 and must complete their swim in a pool with a certified lifeguard.
Check out the 2017 Women Swimmin' Information Manual for Boaters and Swimmers
15 weeks, 150 yards a week = 1.2 miles across the lake!
One option that lap swimmers of all ability levels may want to try is to swim the 1.2 miles that our lake swimmers complete on Lake Swim Day. Just six lengths of the pool per week between May 1 and August 12 will add up to a distance equal to the Cayuga Lake crossing. Women who are already in the pool for aquatic exercise classes can come early or stay late to swim a length or two, and before the end of the summer they can earn their 1.2 stickers while raising funds for compassionate care.
How to Get Started
Registration for Women Swimmin' Laps opened on March 15, 2017 and continues until August 11, 2017. Laps Swimmers are encouraged to register online through this site. Just click one of the registration buttons on our Home Page to get started! Here's some information about the registration process:
- All Laps swimmers must be women over the age of 18
- All Laps swimmers agree to swim in a pool with a certified lifeguard
- Let us know your goals and location
- Lap swimmers must pay a non-refundable $25 registration fee. A minimum fundraising goal of $200 is encouraged
- You will have a personal fundraising page and will be able to easily gather donations from your friends and family in support of Hospicare no matter where you swim!
- If you are unable to sign up online, you can register between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday in person at Hospicare or by calling us at (607) 272-0212. The printable registraion form is available here
We are excited to be able to carry on the tradition of Women Swimmin' for Hospicare and also offer this new way to participate in the event and help support Hospicare. Those swimmers who do raise $200 or more will receive a Women Swimmin' t-shirt and are invited (and encouraged!) to join us for a complimentary breakfast at the Ithaca Yacht Club on Lake Swim Day, August 12. Those who raise $500 and $1000 by August 11 will receive special gifts at Packet Pick-up at Hospicare, August 10 and 11.
Stay tuned for information about a Swimmer get together on May 20 at the YMCA of Ithaca and Tompkins County, where Laps Swimmers and Lake Swimmers will have a chance to meet!